- Convergence Symposium Concept Note & Program
- CSOs, coal-affected communities, acknowledge LGUs in support of renewable energy
- Executive Director Gerry Arances – Welcome Remarks – Convergence
- Keynote Address – Senator Loren Legarda – Convergence
- Voices from the Ground – Father Edu Gariguez – Convergence
From Local Approaches to (Inter)national Policy: Gender Just Transition and Decent Work
CEED Research and Policy Head Atty. Avril De Torres was a panelist at a #COP24 side event last week entitled "From Local Approaches to (Inter)national Policy: Gender Just Transition and Decent Work." Discussing how the energy landscape in the Global South looks like today, De Torres looked into the mistaken notion that coal expansion is a form of development, with many of our people vulnerable to the devastating impacts of climate change. Promoting energy democracy and a just transition to a fossil-free future are the true faces of development, providing opportunities for transformation among marginalized sectors of society.Read More
Say hi to the CEED team!
The Center for Energy, Ecology, and Development is a research institution that advocates for energy democracy, ecological integrity, and a people-centered development path. A young organization established in 2015, CEED is composed of individuals with a heart for the environment and for the people.